Commercial Lighting Case Study - Recreation
Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club saves over 78%
$2,400 / year
Lighting Energy Savings
Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club commissioned Ecovantage to undertake an energy efficient lighting upgrade at its recreational courts in Albert Park.
A local tennis club with 2 classic clay courts, the lighting consisted of 11 x highbay globes, using approx. 12,000 kWh p.a.
These were replaced with 11 x LED flood lights that reduced energy usage to an estimated 2,631 kWh p.a. To maximise end-user comfort, anti-glare diffusers were installed, and the LED lights reduced the which also reduce heat output compared to the old light globes.
Key Benefits of the Lighting Upgrade
- A total of 11 light fittings were upgraded providing an estimated 78% reduction in lighting energy usage.
- Immediate full-power light output, no longer waiting up to half an hour for globes to reach potential.
- Costs were kept down thanks to a 20% rebate provided by Ecovantage as participants in the Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) scheme, cost of product + installation.
- Improved lighting output with no negative impact on playing visibility.
- With five year warranties Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club has the peace of mind knowing they will not have to replace their lights for several years to come. This helps to reduce the costs, particularly with the 8m poles on which the lights are mounted, which require special equipment to access.
- Total estimated lifetime return of more than $119k, with a payback period of 2.1 years.
Want to know more?
Find out how much you could save with a FREE lighting assessment
Call 1300 721 335 or