Burnt halogen transformers

Burnt halogen transformers 2

Our commercial lighting team have recently completed a lighting upgrade in an apartment building in suburban Melbourne.  These photos are of the electronic transformers that were removed from the ceiling cavity to make way for new energy efficient LED downlights.

The pictures show significant heat damage from the old halogen downlights. It’s a good thing that this problem has now been removed from the building.  Had this client chosen not to switch to LED, this scorching would have continued and quite likely caused a fire.